Some (BBY) adventure hooks I came up with:
- a good old fashioned bar fight in Locru's Saloon (they don't take too kindly to cyborgs or 'borg lovers)
- Modirin Mining Concern (a Tenloss Syndicate front; they might have some jobs for those with less scruples)
- a Sullustan mechanic (who can only speak Sullustese) and his shop (he's a master at jury-rigging and modding speeders and swoops);
- a visit to the House of a Higher Power run by a young Force-sensitive Verpine priest of the Sacred Way known as 'Pera';
- exploring abandoned chromium mines with the also younger, more precocious 'Old One' and discovering a lost Sith laboratory complete with Sith-spawn and a gigantic, slumbering Behemoth from the World Below! (So that's how he knew about the beast...) My group wisely decided it'd be best to try and collapse the mine upon it to bury it (for now); they set a series of charges and then climbed with all haste out of the mine, just escaping in the knick of time as the whole structure collapsed.
There's plenty of other material that can be mined (forgive the pun) for adventures on Aduba-3. I tried to make the info usable in any version of the SWRPG; WEG's d6, WotC's Saga Editon, or FFG's system used in EotE. Enjoy!
Astrogation Data: Aduba system, Bheriz sector, Outer Rim Territories
Orbital Metrics: 343 days per year / 22 standard hours per day
Satellites: 1 moon
Population: estimated 3 million, mostly transient (Humans 69% , Rodian 3%, Jawa 2%, Ithorian 2%, Boltrunian 1%, Wroonian 1%, other 22%)
Climate: arid to temperate
Terrain: deserts, plains, steepe
Major Cities: Tun Aduba (captial), Onacra
Areas of Interest: abandoned chromium mines, Locru's Central Saloon, House for a Higher Power, Spacer's Hill
Major Exports: "chromium", contraband, foodstuffs
Major Imports: agricultural goods, contraband, technology
Trade Routes: Triellus Trade Route
Special Conditions: none
WEG: Knowledge - Planetary Systems or Scholar | WotC: Knowledge (Galactic Lore) | FFG: [Hard: Outer Rim or Daunting: Lore]
Difficulty | DC | Success/Advantage/Triumph*
Difficult | 15 | ☼ - Aduba-3 is a backwater world in the Rimward territories with very little to offer to spacers besides seclusion.
Very Difficult | 20 | ☼@ - The Galactic Republic discovered Aduba-3 circa 1,000 BBY, though the world was not colonized until 500 BBY as an agriworld, establishing farming villages for the harvest of maze-stalk and mizzlegritch moss.
Heroic | 25 | ☼@@ - During the Clone Wars, Aduba had been annexed by the Hutt Empire, though it would be claimed by the Galactic Empire after the war was soon forgotten. It became a powerful shadowport after its dealings with the Hutts, attracting all kinds of scum from across the galaxy looking to avoid those who pursued them.
Heroic (Scholar Only) | 30 | [Lore only] ╬ - Lying on the fringes of Sith Space during the New Sith Wars, the world was initially visited in 1,010 BBY by a Sith Lord of the Brotherhood of Darkness who used it as one of his testing grounds for Sith alchemy.
Knowledge - Cultures | Knowledge (Social Sciences) | [Hard: Education]
DC | Success/Advantage Result
Difficult | 15 | ☼@ - The founding colonists were followers of the Sacred Way, although currently only a small percent of the farmers follow any of the religion's tenants. The two largest settlements are the seedy spaceport Tun-Aduba; the unofficial capital; and the small farming community of Onacra.
Knowledge - Business | Knowledge (Bureaucracy) | [Hard: Underworld]
DC | Success/Advantage Result
Very Difficult | 20 | ☼@@ Greedy speculators from the Modirin Mining Concern came to the planet and caused a chromium rush by way of mine-seeding. When traders realized there was no fortune to be had on Aduba-3, it lost any appeal it might have had and began to disappear from star charts.
*Successes are represented with [☼], Advantages with [@], and Triumph with [╬]