Although this instalment might be dedicated to the famous barbarian, we are not limiting ourselves to just adventure in the Hyborian Age. This collection plays well to any game played in a Sword and Sorcery style setting, (and I'm not talking about the brand imprint by White Wolf either) and other related genres such as gladiatorial Sword-and-Sandal epics, Dying Earth subgenre works like the Dark Sun campaign setting and the Zothique cycle, or Sword and Planet works like the Barsoom series of Edgar Rice Burroughs.
- 300 by Tyler Bates
- Age of Conan by Knut A. Haugen
- Beowulf by Alan Silvestri
- Clash of the Titans by Ramin Djawadi
- Conan the Barbarian, and Conan the Destroyer by Basil Poledouris
- Conan the Barbarian (2011) by Tyler Bates
- Diablo, Diablo II, & Diablo III by Matt Uelmen & Russel Brower
- Gladiator by Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard
- Hercules: The Legendary Journeys by Joseph LoDuca
- Inspired by The Witcher by various artists
- John Carter by Michael Giacchino
- Krull by James Horner
- Kull the Conqueror by Joel Goldsmith
- Red Sonja by Ennio Morricone
- Rome: Total War by Jeff van Dyck
- Spartacus: Blood and Sand by Joseph LoDuca
- The 13th Warrior by Jerry Goldsmith
- Xena: Warrior Princess by Joseph LoDuca
RPGs these tunes could work well in: Any of the various Conan games, Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea, Barbarians of Lemuria, any iteration of the Dark Sun campaign setting, or any fantasy RPG featuring fast-paced, action-rich adventures. Spice in some music from my Mythos playlist and you'd have the makings of a decent collection for Lamentations of the Flame Princess, Carcosa, or any other weird fantasy roleplaying game.
Leave a comment if you have any suggestions for additional listening!